Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sam's Party

I think it is a pretty special thing when you find friends and like the children as much as the parents. Such is the case with our friends Will and Tina, and their kids Sam and Annalee.

Sam, 4 years old, rock star, lover of dinosaurs and Peter Pan, Julia's future husband. Sam wins out over Jackson, her other suitor, because he doesn't run when Julia tries to kiss him. When in doubt, pick the guy who doesn't run away.
If the ball is any indication, Sam knows how to party.

Today was Sam's birthday party. It was a great little shindig with a fabulous spread (Question: How many dinosaur shaped pimento cheese sandwiches can I eat? Answer: Seven. In my defense, they were small dinosaurs.), no injuries, awesome goody bags (oh, how we mothers are judged on the quality of the swag!) and one slightly disturbing pinata.

All pinatas are required by Pinata Law to be disturbing. Some, more than others - those of you familiar with the Donkbee know what I'm talking about.
There is only so much realism that can be achieved with watery paste and newspaper. So Sam's pirate pinata kind of looked like a cross between Blackbeard and Jesus. Jesusbeard. Argh! The power of Christ compels you...to hit me with a stick! Follow me and I shall spew forth a bounty of tiny chocolates and plastic jewelry! Or I'll make you walk the plank! I managed to only get a picture of the back of the pinata, so you'll have to take my word on it.

The kids had a blast, of course. Look at Annalee, isn't she cute?

And how happy is this kid? (Note the theme sweater!)

Happy birthday, Sam. You're one cool kid, and I'm glad we're friends.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment