Sunday, April 17, 2011

What Are We Doing in the Next Morning?

Julia wakes up READY. Ready for - whatever. When she was very small, her first words in the morning were "UP! I EAT!". Now they are "Where are we going today? What are we doing today?"

That was fine. Today I can handle. And when she started saying "What are we doing in the next morning?" - tomorrow? Sure, I can usually answer that, too. But when she started asking 4 and 5 days out, it was...excessive. Like, make me want to punch someone excessive.

So in a rare stroke of genius, I made her a calendar. The rest of April and all of May so far, each little square with a picture and a word, telling her what's on the agenda. I'm not an artist, so my apple (for school) looks a little like a pumpkin, but she gets the idea. We'll mark the days off so she can keep up. She loves it, I love it, I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner.

I AM BRILLIANT!

In other mundane news, Henry has decided his primary means of communication is going to be screaming, I have a golf ball sized blocked milk duct in my right boob (caused no doubt by those stupid new bras!), and we bought Shutup Roxy a Thundershirt. You may have even seen the ad for the Thundershirt on this very blog (oh, have you not noticed that I have ads? For high quality, topical products? That you want to click?). We tried it yesterday, and it appears that it might actually work. Even on a Jackass of a dog like Roxy. I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. I know Michelle just loves when we sit down to a home cooked meal and before grace is said or a fork is picked up, someone (me) asks "What's for lunch/dinner/breakfast?"

    ReplyDelete