Thursday, September 8, 2011

Meme? I Don't Need No Stinking Meme!

The craft Jedi and party planning diva Shannon, from Shannanigans, tagged me to do a meme on my old posts. Shannon admitted to not knowing how to pronounce 'meme'.

I will take it one step further - I don't know what the shizz a 'meme' is. In my house, mimis are boobs. I am guessing Shannon (and at least most of you) don't want to see my boobs. So, I went to the most reliable source for all things ever in the world, wikipedia, which tells me that a meme is "an idea, behaviour or style that spreads from person to person within a culture".

I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds a little like a venereal disease.

The rules of this meme are as follows:
What this is about: To unite bloggers (from all sectors) in a joint endeavor to share lessons learned and create a bank of long but not forgotten blog posts that deserve to see the light of day again.

Rules:
1) Blogger is nominated to take part
2) Blogger publishes his/her 7 links on his/her blog – 1 link for each category.
- Your most beautiful post
– Your most popular post
– Your most controversial post
– Your most helpful post
– A post whose success surprised you
– A post you feel didn’t got the attention it deserved
– The post that you are most proud of
3) Blogger nominates up to 5 more bloggers to take part.
4) These bloggers publish their 7 links and nominate another 5 more bloggers
5) And so it goes on!
6) The site Trip Base be sharing the best posts from participating bloggers on their blog and everyday on Facebook and Twitter at #My7Links 
 
Here are my favorites. I hope you enjoy them. 
  • My most beautiful post: Magical Thinking* - Next to the birth of my children, nothing changed my life like the loss of my father. It didn't just change my life, it changed who I am. I still feel his presence it little ways, and this post is about that. 
  • My most popular post: You're So Vain, You Probably Think This Post is About You... - Despite the sucky title. I hate assholes and, apparently, so do you.
  • My most controversial post: Neither Rain, Nor Sleet... - But only among postal workers. 
  • My most helpful post: Advice for the New Father and Advice for the First Time Parent  - I know, that's two. But they go together.
  • A post whose success surprised me: Julia in the Middle - Because so many parents of middle children came to me and said "Yes. Exactly." I discovered how fiercely we love, and how protective we are, of our middles.
  • A post I feel didn't get the attention it deserved: Crazy 
  • The post I am most proud of: OK, this was hard. Because, proud of what? Some of my stuff is funny, but appears to be written by a sixth grader. Some of it is well written (I think), but is funny as a fart in a space helmet. So, I picked The First Fiction Friday. This short lived series was fun to do, but a lot of work. You people wore me out. 
And the five bloggers that I nominate for this project are...
Erin from Creating Little Monsters
Wendy from Sternly Blunt
Jodee from Der Cheeseblarg!
Sarah from The Ex-Pat Bride
Jennifer from Random Tales and Nonsense

1 comment: