- Masterpiece Theatre
- When some weird place on my body, like my breastbone, pops
- Showering alone
- Completing a task without being interrupted
- Eating a meal without having someone take food off my plate
- Going to the bathroom alone
- Listening to NPR and not Kidz Bop
- Silence (so nice, I put it twice)
Because if all the stars align correctly, Henry will take a nap while the girls are gone and I have approximately 60 minutes to do...anything. Blissfully alone. I adore my kids, I love that they are nutballs and loud and fun and busy. But I find that if I don't have just a little bit of time to myself everyday, I want to lock them all in a closet.
After two weeks of a chocolate and candy fueled overindulgence of epic proportions, I'm not sure who's behavior was worse - theirs or mine.