Sunday, June 19, 2011

Daddies

My father taught me many lessons. He taught me how to be brave, and how to work hard, and how to be as stubborn as a mule. He taught me how to bait a hook and how to throw a ball and how to put someone in a figure four leg lock. But most importantly, he taught me what kind of man I wanted to marry and be a father to my children.

A man who loves his wife, is loyal and true, and speaks highly of her to others.
A man who is capable and strong, yet gentle and kind.
A man who hugs and kisses his children and tells them he loves them, every day.

Lucky for me, I found that man. Our kids adore him, and so do I.

To my husband, who is such an amazing father to our children -
To my father in law, whom I love so much, and have such a soft spot for -
To my brother, who is in all the best ways the kind of man our father was -
And to Daddy, whom I miss so terribly -

To all daddies, teaching their sons and daughters how to live and how to love,
Happy Father's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment