Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Body is Weak

Now here's a funny thing - I wrote that big long post about how much I love to run, then got up this morning and looked at the rain outside and the giant dreadmill in the bedroom and said "Screw it. I am not running."

And I wouldn't have, had I not been goaded by my husband and in-laws, chanting "I love to run...I love to run."

I ran. It sucked. I wish my motivation was a little more reliable.

I am bound and determined to lose the last 10-12 pounds of Henry baby weight before summer time. It's all gathered in a pendulous meat apron that Jame Gumb would love to get his hands on. But I'm also really hungry and a little lazy, so it's a constant internal battle.

I want pie.
YOU DO NOT WANT PIE.
You're wrong. I do want pie.
YOU DON'T NEED PIE!
I do. I should have pie. I deserve pie.
PIE IS A GATEWAY FOOD!
I thought cookies were a gateway food?
THEY'RE ALL GATEWAY FOODS!
It's coconut cream pie.
OMG GIVE ME THE PIE!!!

Tonight is mom's night out. I pray there's not pie, I don't think I could resist.

1 comment:

  1. We're in the same boat. I hate running and still refuse. lol. But I have joined WW and love it so far.

    ReplyDelete