Katie comes home from Arizona on Tuesday (after a ridiculously long trip), along with the in-laws and my fabulous nephew. On Saturday, the eight of us, plus my mom, will drive to Litchfield Beach. The Husband's brother and his wife will join us on Sunday. We will eat, sit on the beach, read and play. It is wonderful.
In the meanwhile, I have an eight page list of things to do/buy/back/cook/etc etc.
I've lined up a couple of awesome guest bloggers for you while I'm gone, and I know you'll love them. If you have a blog, or are interested in guest writing a piece, I'd love to have you! E-mail me at email@example.com.
And in the worst segue in the history of blogging, here is my favorite summer salad recipe. WARNING: It sounds gross. It is not. It will be the hit of your next backyard BBQ, and everyone will want the recipe.
Watermelon-Tomato Salad (courtesy of Southern Living)
- 5 cups (3/4-inch) seeded watermelon cubes
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe tomatoes, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- 1. Combine watermelon and tomatoes in a large bowl; sprinkle with sugar and salt, tossing to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- 2. Stir in onion, vinegar, and oil and a few grinds of cracked black pepper. Cover and chill 2 hours. Serve chilled.