Monday, March 14, 2011

All the Single Ladies

In the aftermath of the Japan earthquakes and tsunamis, blogging about coffee at Panera and park playdates seems unbearably shallow and small.

But it's all I have. The beginning and end of my great wisdom on all matters tragic:
Love one another. Take care of your neighbor. Do what you can.

And let me tell you about my weekend.

Sean was off at his annual national sales hootenanny, sharing a room with his boss and eating hotel chicken every night for dinner. I was home getting the very faintest glimpse of life without a husband and, let me tell you, it sucked. To all you single parents, parents whose spouses travel extensively and those in the military - that shit is hard. I barely made it three days, and that was with considerable help from my mom and lots and lots and lots of coffee.

The highlight of the weekend was a fabulous birthday party for a preschool classmate of Julia's at the park on Sunday. Perfect weather, pony rides, pizza, cake, and a 4 year old little boy who dropped trou and peed next to one of the picnic tables. Things like that are always funnier when it's not your kid.
This is a face of pure joy-
Katie has had play rehearsals almost every day. It has been such an amazing experience, and opening night is just 3 days away. Lots of pictures of her in her costume coming soon. She is such a talented young lady, I am so very proud of her.


I missed my husband, the kids missed their daddy, and all is right with the world now that he's home.

No comments:

Post a Comment