Sunday, January 9, 2011

Audition

Yesterday, Katie and I spent most of the day at the arts council where she auditioned for the musical "Annie". She did a fantastic job - they had to learn a few lines, sing scales and learn a short dance number. She was cast as an orphan, and the show is in mid-March. This is something she has wanted to do, and it will be a great introductory experience. I'm so proud of her for getting up there and not being nervous, and just being her amazing self.

Before the audition:

There were probably 50 kids and another 20 adults auditioning, including Super Drama Guy. SDG was decked out in his black tank top and knee length burgandy velvet coat, swinging his Fabio hair and using his completely unidentifiable accent. And because there were only 2 men in that age range (SDG and one other), we were able to see him perform a LOT. It was quite a treat. I asked Katie what she thought of him when we got home and she said "OH! He was gooooooood." This is also the kid who thinks The Suite Life of Zack & Cody is comedy gold, so take that into consideration.

Now, I am not going to lie. There was a part of me, okay a BIG part of me, that wanted to jump up on that stage and belt out "TOOOOOOOMORROW!" and bust out the jazz hands. But I'm not at a time in my life when community theater is something I can do, and it would most likely mortify my kid. For now, I'll have to be content watching from the wings, cheering Katie on. It's her time to shine.

Last night, she and Roxy had a slumber party in our room.

And the pic of the day for today, because it is weird and hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment