Friday, January 7, 2011

It's Not All Wine & Roses

Or tea parties and crafts. Some days start out yelly and screamy and follow that trend throughout, despite my efforts to pacify moods with library trips and Costco hot dogs.

Some days I have to tell Sean as soon as he walks in the door that I need 5 minutes to myself, so I can go lie in a dark room and have a little pity party before dinner.

Some days I have a hard time not seeing my child's failure as my own, or a bad attitude a reflection of what I'm doing. And some days I have a hard time accepting when it is.

Some days, it looks like snow. I hate snow.
Up to 12" forecast for Monday. I may die.


But EVERY day, I let them know that I love them, and hope that makes up for the times that I'd like to lock them (or myself) in a closet.

1 comment:

  1. Those days can really bring me down! Thanks for the reminder to show the love too and hope for better days. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete