Thursday, November 24, 2011

Full

I am so full of turkey and pie, from the pit of my stomach to the top of my head, that my brain has ceased to function. The part that would normally help me create a blog post has been drowned in cranberry sauce. I am pretty sure that when I nursed the baby tonight, gravy shot out of my boobs.

We had a great day with my mom and friends we love. Nothing got broken, burned or bitten. I managed not to fart in front of anyone. I would qualify the day as a success.

I am thankful for friends and family and faith and home and wellbeing. I am thankful for you there, reading this.

Not just today, but every day. Maybe more so today, because of the pie.

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all.

4 comments:

  1. Hah, I took a break from writing and saw your post and read your "y'all" at the end and now I feel in sync because I used "all y'all" in my blog post, but in reality I never verbally use that expression. I still remember the first time I ever heard the all y'all come out of the mouth of one of my favorite people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving, Kelly!

    best,
    MOV

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost barfed, I ate so much. Actually, I may have barfed, but I swallowed at just the right time and it never reached my mouth.
    TMI, anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boston, it is a very versatile word. Much like dude.

    Thank you, MOV! I hope your family had a wonderful day.

    Motaki, there is no such thing as TMI here. I respect a person who will push through that wall and swallow barf.

    ReplyDelete